Wooster High-Quality Asphalt Repair
You don’t need to be a roofing expert to know that asphalt is a very durable material. However, the reality is that despite its extremely tough and resilient characteristics, over time asphalt can become depreciated and damaged. If you want to make sure that your Wooster home’s roof is as fully functional as possible then you need to call Panda Roof today and allow our skilled team of asphalt specialists get to work today to make sure that a small problem doesn’t turn into a major headache for you and your family.
Five Signs Your Asphalt Shingled Roof Needs Replacing
As a Wooster homeowner, you don’t need us at Panda Roof to tell you that any damage to your roof is a serious problem for your home that needs to be repaired in a quick and effective manner. If you are unsure whether your roof is damaged or not, then you need to consider these five signs very carefully:
- Curling Shingles: Curling shingles are sign of both an aging roof system and excessive heat. On top of that, curled shingles are highly susceptible to wind uplift and ice damage. When this is the case, these types of shingles can become rigid and break easily and lose tab edges.
- Missing Granules: Whether it is because of poorly placed down-sprouts, the absence of an eavestrough or a poorly designed valley drainage system, the reality is a waterfall effect that washes away granules over time. An aging and depreciated roof system is susceptible to physical damage that can cause bare spots and a gradual loss of granules. When this happens, the protective granules of a shingle are lost, and this can cause them to harden from heat and sun exposure. Granule loss on a roof system will accelerate aging and shingle decay and can become an entry point for water.
- Broken Shingles: There is no doubt about it, broken and missing shingles greatly weaken a roof’s system ability to shed water and can be an entry point of water. Two of the main and most common causes of broken shingles are wind and physical damage.
- Buckling Shingles: If shingles buckles, then it can manifest itself in visible waved distortions that usually run virtually up a roof slope. The worst thing about buckled shingles is that they are highly susceptible to wind and ice damage and can be torn off easily. Two of the most common causes of buckling shingles are roof age and wet or poorly installed underlayment.
- Damaged Flashings: Flashings located near skylights, valleys, eaves, rakes, wall details and chimneys are all subject to separation and need to be taken very seriously. The flashing details can lift and separate due to general expansion and contraction and will cause fasteners to become loose allowing water to enter.
Call Panda Roof Today
If you want a superior asphalt roofing service in Wooster, then you need to contact Panda Roof today.